|Current Job||Regional Director|
|Personal Statement||I am a pharmacist by background and holder a PhD in medical science
from the University of Antwerp (Belgium). As the head of the Clinical Research Unit of Nanoro (CRUN),
I conducted in collaboration with several academic institutions and pharmaceuticals companies several phase 2, 3 and
4 clinical trials at ICH/GCP standards including the GSK phase 3 malaria vaccine trial (RTS,S) and the most recent phase 2 R21 malaria vaccine candidate trial.
At academic level, I have been appointed since 2016 as professor associated at the faculty of Medicine of the Nazi Boni University of Bobo-Dioulasso in Burkina Faso where I teach the module of clinical trials in the Master Program.
Apart from my research and training work, I have been member of several professional bodies (DSMB, steering committees, etc).
I have the skills for project development, implementation and management.
Finally, as member of several networks (Malaria in Pregnancy consortium, Malactres consortium, Indepth Network, Malaria Clinical Trial Alliance), I am aware of more recent developments in global health research and its implications.
|Education||2006: PhD in Medical Sciences, Institute of Tropical Medicine / University of Antwerp, Faculty of Medicine (Belgium),
2005: Certificate in Epidemiology & Statistics, Université Libre de Bruxelles -School of Public Health (Belgium),
2005: Diploma in Clinical Research, Vienna school of clinical research (Austria)
1998: Diploma of Advanced Studies in Sciences Biological Option: Biochemistry and Microbiology applied, Université de Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
1998: Doctorate in Pharmacy (Pharm D), University du Mali, Bamako, Mali
|Experiences||2017- Ongoing: Regional Director Institute for Health Sciences Research (IRSS) and Head of the Clinical Research Unit of Nanoro, Burkina Faso
2013 – 2014: Scientific Director of Centre Muraz Research Institute, Bobo-Dioulasso, Burkina Faso
2010-2017: Head of the Clinical Research Unit of Nanoro, Burkina Faso 1998-2001 Research Associate, Centre Muraz, Bobo-Dioulasso, Burkina Faso
2006-2010: Senior Scientist at the Institute for Health Sciences Research (IRSS), Bobo-Dioulasso, Burkina Faso
2002-2006: PhD Fellow, Institute of Tropical Medicine, Antwerp, Belgium
2001-2002 : Research Associate, Institut de Recherche en Sciences de la Santé (IRSS), Burkina Faso
1998 – 2001- Research Associate, Centre Muraz, Bobo-Dioulasso, Burkina Faso.
1995 – 1998: Pharmacy internship, Centre Muraz, Bobo-Dioulasso, Burkina Faso
|Awards / Honors||2002: Winner of the ”Société de Pathologie Exotique” Young Scientist Award in France
2017: Winner of the Man of the Year by the Pays Newspape in Burkina Faso
2017: Winner of the Longitudinal Prize Discovery Awards by the Chanllenge Prize Center, Nesta, UK
2021: Scientist of the Year 2021 Winner by the International Achievement Research Center, Canada
2021: Winner of the Title of the title of ”The Name in Science” by the Accademic Union Oxford, Uk
2021: Nominated among the African 2021 Game Changers by the newspaper ”Jeune Afrique” in France
2021: Desigated as the Man of the year 2021 by the National Burkina Faso Radio (RTB – Radio)
2021: Designated as the Man of the year by the Newspaper ”Sidwaya” in Burkina Faso
2021: Designated as the Scientist of the Year 2021 by the Newspaper ”l’Observateur Paalga” in Burkina Faso
|Research Grants||Most Recent Major Grants obtained:
-2020-2022: Développement pharmaceutique du phytomédicament OPIC destiné à la prise en charge des dermatoses infectieuses bactérienne et fongique, Principal investigateur
– 2013-2017: “Activité anti-microbienne de Opilia celttidifolia”Principal investigateur
– 2013-2016 : Evaluation clinique et phytochimique d’un phytomédicament traditionnel
du Burkina Faso dénommé Saye et préconisé comme antipaludique, Principal investigateur
– 2011-2014: “The Biological and Pharmacological Evaluation of African Medicinal Plants for some Chronic Diseases Prevalent in Africa”, Co -investigateur
– 2008-2009, “Etude du potentiel antiplasmodial in vivo de Canthium mutliflorum (Thonn) Hiern (Rubiaceae) “, Principal Investigateur
– 2004-2008: “Phytochemical studies of plants with antiplasmodial activities”, Principal investigateur
– 2004-2005:”Etude Préclinique du <> utilisé dans le traitement du paludisme”, Principal investigateur
– 2001-2002: Phase IV <<Efficacité d’une supplémentation en zinc et vitamine A sur l’incidence et la gravité des accès palustres : Essai clinique chez l’enfant de 1 – 6 ans >>, Principal nvestigateur
– 2000-2001: “Environmental impact of resettlement of previously highly infected onchocercosis areas biodiversity and socioeconomic problems – suggestions for solution”, Co- investigateur
Click to rate!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]